1. Name: Kimberly
2. Age: 14
3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? I honestly can't see much beyond attending College of Charleston. I'll most likely become overwhelmed by all of the studying required to get a degree in English or Journalism.
4. Which of the characters do you most relate to? Hermione, because I always have that little voice in the back of my head telling me to not break rules and I'm very aware of my boundaries (though I guess that would be more like her in the beginning books). I am also a very avid reader and enjoy school.
5. Who is your least favorite character? Peter. I perceive him as a coward and he really just disgust me.
6. What would you see when you look into the Mirror of Erised? My significant other and I, with children in our arms
7. What would your boggart be? Someone I'm in love with completely tearing me up, verbally. I depend very much on those whom I love to get me through the day, whether it be my girlfriend, my mom, or my best friend.
8. Dark Magic: Tell us your thoughts. Is there such a thing? Or is magic only dark because of the motivation behind its use? I don't think all "dark magic" is dark but obviously there are some whose potential can not be used for good intentions, such as the Killing Curse. Though I believe most of the "Dark Magics" only got that way because of their use. So to answer the question, yes there is a such thing as Dark Magic but some of the spells labeled that way have the potential to be of both light and dark magic. Sorry if that was confusing.
9. What is your favorite non-Harry Potter book? Quote something from it and tell us why you chose that line. Tuesdays with Morrie. "As long as we can love each other, and remember the feeling of love we had, we can die without ever really going away. All the love you have created is still there. All the memories are still there. You live on-in the hearts of everyone you have touched and nurtured while you were here.
Death ends a life, not a relationship." I really love that line because I know that it is true. The ones who were close to me and have passed have proven that point. And I'd really love to leave that type of impression on others.
10. You are sitting in your house common room when you notice that another student has left a book lying on the table. You pick it up and realize it is their personal diary. What do you do? I'd read it. I know it's bad and totally invading someone's privacy but curiosity often wins the battles in my mind.
12. Do you think Harry was right or wrong to use his cloak to get to Hogsmeade in the 3rd book? Right, it's not like he hurt someone. So why not do it? He shouldn't have to be made to spend all his time at Hogwarts. It isn't his fault he has no guardian.
13. What's one thing you would do if you knew you would suffer no consequences from it? Shoplift. Which is bad, I know, but if I had no consequences I would. The things I want at the moment cost more money than I have (and I'm not of age to work yet).
14. Someone has graffitied a hateful remark about your House on one of the walls in the Great Hall. Luckily for you, you overhear a conversation between House elves who witnessed the perpetrator, and you alone know who did it. What do you do? What if the remark had been done by another house, and was about a house that wasn't your own? Unless it was a remark aimed just at me or someone I cared for I wouldn't do a thing. Whoever wrote it has every right to, I don't really care their opinion and find their means of expression immature. I would do the same if the remark was of a different house. I'm not one for confrontations.
15. What do you really think of Snape? Is he fair in the things he does? I don't like the way Snape treats his students (his favoritism). But I think he obviously knows a lot about his field and is one to be respected in that aspect, however unethical he can be.
16. Do you like the idea of a school being split into four separate houses? What about school unity? Yes, I think it inspires competition within the school, and motivates peers to compete to be the best (even if some times it can be taken over the limit).
17. Which are more important: Friends or Family? Friends, because you can't choose your family but one's choice in friends shows something about their character.
18. Some people think the Weasley twins are funny, while others find them mean spirited. How do you feel, and why? I think most of their pranks are of a light nature so I wouldn't find any offense in them or their pranks. I'd probably be laughing nonstop if around them.
19. Do you consider a first impression to be the only impression a person can give? Why or why not? No, though the first impression is important I think people change and deserve second chances, or in the reverse, shouldn't be held on a pedestal just because their first impression was impressive.
20. You've been asked to invent a new spell to be taught at Hogwarts. What is the name of the spell, what does it do, and what is the incantation? I'd probably make a spell that would shoot fire from a wand. Because I tend to be a bit of a pyro so I'd have fun with that one. I'm not the most creative and I don't know any other language so I'd just call it 'fiero'
21. Think about a negative past experience and tell us how it affected you. What did you learn from it? If you could go back and change it now, would you? I befriended someone who wasn't very stable, mentally, she clung to me and eventually brought me down making me depressed because she'd vent her problems constantly (making me take her weight onto my shoulders on well) and never seemed to be happy. So I've learned not to take other's burdens onto my own shoulder. I wouldn't change it because it has taught me to not be so naive and toughen up a bit.
22. If you happened across the Room of Requirement, what would you find? A huge library with books lining the walls because I love reading and I'd be in heaven.
23. What would you be willing to die for? My mom or the person I'm dating right now.
24. If you died, would you want to come back as a ghost? Why or why not? Yes, I'm afraid of dying so coming back as a ghost would be a nice transition for me, I'm not ready for my life to end right now. And that way I could creep up on people...it'd be fun.
25. Hermione has asked you to support S.P.E.W. (read: flagged you down and cornered you with a box of buttons that she shakes in your face to "entice" you to join). What is your response? I'd wear the button (on my school bag) so as to comply with her wishes but I don't think I'd do much more than that.
26. What field of study would you most want to enter into, and why, once you graduated from Hogwarts? I'm not quite sure, maybe a professor. Though I don't do well with ignorant children I think it would be nice to shape the future of others. Perhaps I could be another Lupin? (I wouldn't dare compare myself to Dumbledore).
27. True or False: Rules are meant to be broken. Explain. Technically rules are there to be enforced so they are not broken, but I think at one point in all of our lives everyone breaks a rule or two. No one is expected to be perfect, otherwise punishments would not have been made.
28. You have one day to live. How do you spend your last day alive? Tying up loose ends, and telling people how I really feel about them. I tend to keep my thoughts inside so that would be the one day I would speak my mind fully, despite consequences.
29. Do you think Dumbledore was correct in shielding certain truths from Harry? Why or why not? Yes, there are certain things an eleven year old can not deal with, and I think Harry would be more brash in his actions if he knew of the prophecies sooner. In waiting Harry knows more about himself now, and his abilities. So he is able to fight Voldemort better than he would have before.
30. Finally, what house do you think you belong in? I'm not quite sure, I've always wanted to be able to label myself with a house but I don't stick out as the brave (Gryffindor), I'm not sly (Slytherin), nor am I dedicated to my studies like a Ravenclaw. And honestly being labeled a Hufflepuff would just bothers me, I don't know that much about the house, or anyone (besides Cedric) who was in that house.
31. Oh, and one more thing. Just to make it easier on us for pointing, who told you about us? No one, there was a sorting community at GJ which is now closed so I searched for a community like it at LJ (which is how I found this one)