1. Name: Cortney
2. Age: 18
3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?>>>>>>>>>>>>
Graduated from college and working as an illustrator, making a reasonable amount of money. Perhaps living in another city more suitable for my career. Oh! I'd love to get some writing done, it's kind of my dream to get a book published. Who knows really, but that's what I'd like.
4. Which of the characters do you most relate to?>>>>>>>
Hmm. That's tough, since I can relate to a lot of them. Especially, Snape and Luna. Why? Well, many things I say are somewhat random and often I'm dubbed "wierd", so in that respect I can relate to Luna. She is singled out as an odd bird by her classmates--I am as well. I've always been one to take a liking to the most uncommon things.
Also, I've had trouble at school while growing up, much like Snape, though my troubles lightened up after a bit. Still, I can relate to him easy because of how the Mauraders treated him. Also, I can get kind of snarky just like him, but I lack the witty remarks. T_T
5. Who is your least favorite character?>>>>>
It's a close tie between Hagrid's Dog (hey! He's a character, right?) and Dumbledore. Anyways, Albus (after reading DH) just became to abusive w/ his knowledge of things. I didn't like the whole "for the greater good" vibe he gave off.
6. What would you see when you look into the Mirror of Erised?
Myself, but accomplished with my family looking on proudly. My professional and personal life would be peaceful and my conscience would be clear. Why? Well, in order to be happy I need to be independent and have my family stop fretting over me.
Hell, I'd also be a dazzling Qudditch star for the Wigtown Wanderers. Seeker of course. Why? Because that would be fun as hell and I'm all about that!
7. What would your boggart be?>>>>
Death, but don't start comparing me to Voldie. I just sometimes fear the unknown, esp. when it's spiritual. What can I say, I like being flesh-in-blood because it's all I've ever know and an out-of-body experience doesn't sound good--at all. Or, worse case senario, there is nothing after death.
I guess I'm one of those "Ye of little faith" types.
8. Dark Magic: Tell us your thoughts. Is there such a thing? Or is magic only dark because of the motivation behind its use?>>>>
Dark magic can be produced because of an ill will towards another--Ex. The killing curse can't be made unless you mean it. So, Dark magic is there, you just need to have the edge to do it.
I don't think I'd ever want to use it, but in times of desperation I'm sure it can be handy. Though, a price would come w/ its power.
9. What is your favorite non-Harry Potter book? Quote something from it and tell us why you chose that line.>>
The only other book that comes to mind is Mr. Darcy, it's Darcy's POV during Pride and Prejudice. It's not made by Jane Austine, but I love it. I can't think of any quotes from the book. Though, I love this one from Gilbert Chesterson:
"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopless."
Possibly my favorite saying of all time.
10. You are sitting in your house common room when you notice that another student has left a book lying on the table. You pick it up and realize it is their personal diary. What do you do?>>>>>
Fight w/ my innerself and decide if I should take a peek or not. Then decide not to and try to find a name on the cover, so I could return it.
Though, if they had left the book lying open in the common room.....*grin* lol.
11. Would you use an Unforgivable Curse under any circumstances, and if so, what would those be?
If someone murdered a person I loved or was threatening my life then yes, I would.
12. Do you think Harry was right or wrong to use his cloak to get to Hogsmeade in the 3rd book?>>>
Wrong, but I can understand why he did it. Harry just wanted to go have some fun and felt it was unfair he was being left out. Course, knowing Black was after him, Harry should of listened to his professors. They were only looking out for his well being.
13. What's one thing you would do if you knew you would suffer no consequences from it? >>>
Probably, tell someone exactly what I think instead of holding my feelings back. Maybe I'd resolve things I've been to afraid to talk to my family about, or something like that.
14. Someone has graffitied a hateful remark about your House on one of the walls in the Great Hall. Luckily for you, you overhear a conversation between House elves who witnessed the perpetrator, and you alone know who did it. What do you do?>>
I couldn't tell any higher ups because I'd feel like a snitch (silly I know), but I'd probably tell my friends and confront the perpetrators w/ them. Let the perps know if they try and pull another stunt like that again, there's going to be consequenes.
What if the remark had been done by another house, and was about a house that wasn't your own?>>>>
I'd tell my friends about it and see what their thoughts were before I decided to act.
15. What do you really think of Snape? Is he fair in the things he does?>>>
Mostly no. His demeanor can be completely unfair, but his actions can sometimes be justified. Yes, he's a bastard to Harry, but he does protect him in the books.
Also, it's always bugged me that Snape hates Harry because of ill will he has harbored for James Potter. The reasoning there is nonsensical. HARRY'S NOT JAMES. GRR.
16. Do you like the idea of a school being split into four separate houses? What about school unity?>>>
Yes, it shows kids to except their differences and unit as one. Each house can learn from another.
17. Which are more important: Friends or Family?>>>>>>>>>>
It just comes down to who's really there for you--that's family.
18. Some people think the Weasley twins are funny, while others find them mean spirited. How do you feel, and why?>>>>
It's all about POV. Everyone has a different sense of humor and another outlook on life. Personally, I feel the Weasley twins give a good dose of fun to everyone around them. Sure they can over do things sometimes, but everyone makes errors once in a while.
19. Do you consider a first impression to be the only impression a person can give? Why or why not?
No, you can give someone a bad impression and gradually change how they feel, but it could take a long time. It may be hard for them to notice your other good qualities because they'll continue to focus on other things.
I will say, it's easier to maintain a good impression, then it is to build up from a bad one.
20. You've been asked to invent a new spell to be taught at Hogwarts. What is the name of the spell, what does it do, and what is the incantation?
The incantation would be: abeo.
What does it do: It would be a spell incase of an emergency (like say you were being attacked) and would automatically apparate the caster to the nearest clearing. Like a field or ally, somewhere far away w/out the caster having to think about the location.
21. Think about a negative past experience and tell us how it affected you. What did you learn from it? If you could go back and change it now, would you?
I had a particular rough spot in my life, so here's what happened: My Mom and Step-dad split up under really bad circumstances and I ended up having to move. Which would of been ok, only it was about the 5th time I had moved in the past 2 years. So, I got fed up with switching schools and dropped out all together in order to go directly to college. Then I moved in w/ some relatives of mine. It was a big leap and it sort of gave me a reality check. Sure I'd like to change somethings that happened, but I wouldn't. It's what made me who I am now.
22. If you happened across the Room of Requirement, what would you find?>>>
A nice, cozy napping area. Full of fluff pillows, soft music, and as many pasties as I want. What can I say, I'm sleepy....and it wouldn't hurt to miss one class.
23. What would you be willing to die for?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
My sister, little cousins, and my best friend. Anyone else and I'm not sure, I've never been put in that situation before.
24. If you died, would you want to come back as a ghost? Why or why not?
No, I would want to move on and try to find peace. Sure, I'd be scared of what awaited me, but who'd want to be stuck on earth for eternity watching everyone they meet move on to the afterlife?
25. Hermione has asked you to support S.P.E.W. (read: flagged you down and cornered you with a box of buttons that she shakes in your face to "entice" you to join). What is your response? >>
I'd ask, "What's S.P.E.W.?" Then upon learning of the group, I'd join for sure. FREE THE DAMN HOUSE ELVES! Seriously, look at poor Kreacher!
26. What field of study would you most want to enter into, and why, once you graduated from Hogwarts?>>>
Something to do w/ the ministry, maybe an Auror. Not for power, but to make a difference.
27. True or False: Rules are meant to be broken. Explain.>>>>
True/false. Some people put down rules that are unjust and need to be broken. Other rules are in place for a reason, such as safety and it would be unwise to break those particular standereds.
28. You have one day to live. How do you spend your last day alive? >>>
Asking for forgivness and making amends w/ anyone I've ever hurt or angered (if I truly felt guilty), then I'd go enjoy the rest of my day w/ the people I love. Probably would do something sappy, like watch the sunset.
29. Do you think Dumbledore was correct in shielding certain truths from Harry? Why or why not?
No I don't, except for on thing. I only agree w/ Dumbledore shielding one fact from Harry (DH spoiler): the fact that the boy had to die. What person could possibly handle that, or want to live w/ that on their shoulders?
Anyways, Harry comes back from the grave, so to speak, w/ out much bitterness towards Albus. So, I guess it was good that he kept some details of the plan to himself.
Only, Dumbledore FOR SURE should of explained to Harry about Snape's past, so he fully understood the sacrifice Snape was making. I don't care what Dumbledore promised Sev, Harry needed to know what was happening...that way he could of prevented a lot of awful things from happening.>>>Or maybe I'm just feeling bad for Harry, since he's always being left out of the information loop.
30. Finally, what house do you think you belong in?
I'm a little of Slytherin because I can be a down right devious arse, but I love reading and learning...which would point to Ravenclaw....but...I'm all about having fun and doing what I want....so...erm...I have no clue!
31. Oh, and one more thing. Just to make it easier on us for pointing, who told you about us?
Found you on KKM_rating
Me w/ blonde hair, then w/ black......it changes a lot. ^^
Current Mood: restless